Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Missing Clare

Funny. It's been over four years since my sister, Clare died. Still, on a clear beautiful day like today, a slight breeze, not a cloud in the sky, it's like she's right there. And I miss her as though it were yesterday.

that's it then
that's all there is
i love you
goodbye
no second chances
no why
meaningless
i said that i'll see you
on the sunshine day

you said
no, sooner
but i found out
i'll see you
every night
in my dreams
there - joy

for a moment we
speak
and hold
each other
and laugh and hearts sing
until
i realize
you are gone
and i'm dreaming
sorrow is like a giant
silent wave
and once again
i whisper
i love you
i love you
i love you
i love you
i love you
i'll see you on the sunshine day

2 comments:

Kassi Gilbert said...

That was beautiful, Thanks Uncle Carl. You know, I have dreams about her too. Like, shes alive and I can talk to her but its strange its as if in my dream I know shes gone but for that bleak little moment I can see and touch her again. I miss her. I really do. i was doing a play when I heard she had died. Shakespeare no less! I went on with the show. Had to. yeah... Well, it would be nice to see you again. I hope all is well.
We miss you. Say hello to Cliff. God Bless.

Caleb

Kassi Gilbert said...

I just wanted to let you know that Elizabeth has her own blog now. Here is the link:
http://egtinkerbell.blogspot.com/